Monday, June 1, 2009

It all comes down to the relationship with your mother...

It does though, doesn't it? Therapists, bartenders, and other likely confidants can vouch-- the maternal figure is the source of more than life. Mothers get credit for their child's successes, as well as taking the blame for any wrongdoings their progeny may commit. My mother is getting the blame for this blog.

Being that the only people that will initially read this blog are my closer friends, most of you will already know that my mother is a brilliant, bizarre, and fascinating creature. While I do love her fiercely, our squabbles stem from one main issue: she is very critical of me. While she was talking to my dad at dinner on Saturday night (sidenote: if for any peculiar reason you ever end up in Peoria Heights, go here for dinner. Thank me later), I started daydreaming about a day that my mother could no longer say anything to me regarding my life choices. No comments about my clothes, no comments about my lack of navigational skills, no comments about my champagne tastes vs. my 3-buck-Chuck budget.

I came to the following conclusion: I will be a better person. Yup! Simple, right? I will be a better person, and I will be held accountable for it by those around me (and the general internet population). I will also tell stories of my epic failures, of which I'm sure there will be many. Hopefully, dear reader, you will send me messages of encouragement/advice, and feel free to let me know if you have ideas for my project. This should be fun....right?

No comments:

Post a Comment